**ALL STANDARD MIL-SPEC OPTIC UNITS CAN BE UPGRADED TO RPO 3.0 ULTRALIGHT OPTICS FOR ONLY $300 (might cause a 2-3 day ship delay).
**Tantos come in three colors – Black, FDE/Coyote Tan and OD Green. If unit already built, we can swap to a different color housing housing for $100**
Handpicked Option – This is our most popular way of ordering night vision. We maintain a massive inventory of 500+ image intensifier tubes not listed on the website. We will contact you (typically within 24-48 hours of placing your order) with pictures and specs of tubes we select to ask for your approval. If you have preferences on certain specs (ie: SNR, EBI etc…) please include those in your order notes and we will do our best to meet your goal. After customer tube approval the night vision unit will be ready to ship within 1 to 3 business days.
Due to the release of the Nocturn Industries TAPB (Tanto Articulating Powered Bridge) “Daisho” we are now listing units as match sets. We offer free collimating services
We offer tantos with L3, Elbit and Photonis tubes. Actual specs and photos of each in stock unit are posted (please note: color shade of blue/green is due to photo lighting, all tubes will actually be the same light blue in color).
We offer L3Harris 20UA and 20 UA Supergain tubes. 20UA tubes will have a typical FOM of 2200-2600 with an EBI of 0.5 to 2.0 and 20UA Supergain will have a typical FOM of 1800-2200 with an EBI of 0.2 to 0.5.
SuperGain Filmless White Phosphor image intensifier tubes increase the Luminance Gain (Gain) specification for image intensifier tubes from the standard 40,000-80,000 fL/fc to between 100,000-120,000 fL/fc. This greatly increases the image intensifier’s ability to amplify and collect light, resulting in a noticeably brighter image with increased low light performance and extending operational envelope and ability to see into dark areas.
L3 Filmless White Phosphor 20UA
- Unit 6087T – BLACK – 20UA – 72 Res, 35.7 SNR, 2570 FOM, 1.1 EBI, 0.7 Halo, 61973 Gain. No spots on data sheet
- Unit 6025T BLACK- 20UA. – 72 Res, 33.9 SNR, 2441 FOM, 0.8 EBI, 0.8 Halo, 63148 Gain. No spots on data sheet
- Unit: 6125T TAN – 20UA – 72 Res, 36.2 SNR, 2606 FOM, 0.8 EBI, 0.8 Halo, 68840 gain. No spots on data sheet (excellent match with Unit 7141T)
- Unit: 7009T BLACK – 20UA – 72 Res, 33.8 SNR, 2434 FOM, 0.6 EBI, 0.7 Halo, 69501 gain. No spots on data sheet
- Unit: 7141T TAN – 20UA – 72 Res, 36.3 SNR, 2614 FOM, 0.4 EBI, 0.8 Halo, 68248 gain. No spots on data sheet (excellent match with Unit 6125T)
- Unit: 8078T BLACK – 20UA – 72 Res, 35.6 SNR, 2563 FOM, 0.7 EBI, 0.8 Halo, 68079 gain. No spots on data sheet (excellent match with unit 8089T)
- Unit: 8089T BLACK – 20UA – 72 Res, 35.3 SNR, 2542 FOM, 0.9 EBI, 0.7 Halo, 66212 gain. No spots on data sheet (excellent match with unit 8078T)
Elbit White Phosphor
- Unit 5009T TAN- XLSH. – 72 Res, 36.9 SNR, 2656 FOM, 1.1 EBI, 0.77 Halo, 68928 Gain. 1 spot zone 2
- Unit: 6050T BLACK – PH – 76 Res, 31.9 SNR, 2424 FOM, 1.07 EBI, 0.82 Halo, 69104 gain. No spots on data sheet (excellent match with 8095T)
- Unit: 8095T BLACK – PH – 76 Res, 31.8 SNR, 2416 FOM, 1.16 EBI, 0.65 Halo, 69367 gain. One spot zone 2 (excellent match with 6050T)
Photonis Echo White Phosphor
- Unit 7044T BLACK – 66 Resolution, 28.01 SNR, 1848 FOM, 0.20 EBI, 8353 gain No spots on data sheet
- Unit 8001T BLACK– 68 Resolution, 29.49 SNR, 2005 FOM, 0.21 EBI, 9868 gain two spots on zone 3
- Unit 8056T OD Green – 66 Resolution, 29.02 SNR, 1915 FOM, 0.09 EBI, 9306 gain No spots on data sheet
- Unit 8059T OD Green – 64 Resolution, 29.62 SNR, 1895 FOM, 0.25 EBI, 8437 gain One spot on zone 2
- Unit 8073T BLACK – 66 Resolution, 28.18 SNR, 1859 FOM, 0.11 EBI, 8554 gain No spots on data sheet
- Unit 8132T BLACK – 64 Resolution, 30.81 SNR, 1971 FOM, 0.18 EBI, 9788 gain No spots on data sheet
The cornerstone of Nocturn’a adaptable series of night vision devices is the Tanto Ultralight Adaptable Night Vision Monocular (UANVM). This Nocturn Industries Tanto mounts via a standard PVS-14 J-arm mount. A unique feature of this monocular is its ability to be adapted to a proprietary powered articulating dual bridge mount called the TAB (Tanto Articulating Bridge) “Daisho” with minimal tools or extra parts. The innovative design allows users to transform their Tanto night vision monocular into an articulating binocular in seconds or go from a binocular back to a monocular to share with a partner. To transform into the binocular, simply remove the battery cap and battery, insert the bridge into the battery compartment, and tighten the rear clamp screws on the bridge, done. The bridge enables the use of a single battery for both tubes, has built in IP stops similar to the UANVB “Katana”, and other features when released.
It is simple with a minimalist lightweight design. Push button on/off in the cap to reduce weight and reduce the footprint of the monocular. When assembled to the TAB “Daisho” bridge extra features are enabled such as articulation to the side for single or dual eye use. The articulating design also enables users to operate vehicles without limiting head space by eliminating the need to stow the unit upright or to tuck the pods against the helmet when stowed.
This unit is light weight without compromising strength. It is rugged and has been drop from the NATO 1.5 meter drop test standard onto concrete, as well as meets and exceeds MIL-STD-810G.
-Tube type: 18mm MX-10160 style or MX11769 style with EGAC pigtail removed.
-Submersion and Dust Rating: IP68 equivalent
-8.76 OZ with standard optics and a battery
-7.76 OZ with RPO optics and a battery
-Power: CR123 onboard
-Runtime: 40+ hours
-Mount style: PVS-14 J-arm style mount