All UANVB Katanas are the latest generation with aluminum hardware, ultralight aluminum dovetail and a Nocorium wrap (please select preferred wrap color in order notes: Multicam, Multicam Black, Multicam Arid, Ranger Green). All units are Black with LEMO ports (unless otherwise noted), but we can swap to a FDE or OD Green Housing for an additional $300. All tubes are autogated.
Custom Night Visions offers the Katana with the following tube options:
- L3Harris 20UA Filmless White Phosphor – Aviation Spec
- L3Harris 20UA Supergain Filmless White Phosphor – Aviation Spec
- Elbit White Phosphor
- Photonis White Phosphor
Handpicked Option – This is our most popular way of ordering night vision. We maintain a massive inventory of 500+ image intensifier tubes not listed on the website. We will contact you (typically within 24-48 hours of placing your order) with pictures and specs of tubes we select to ask for your approval. If you have preferences on certain specs (ie: SNR, EBI etc…) please include those in your order notes and we will do our best to meet your goal. After customer tube approval the night vision unit will be ready to ship within 1 to 3 business days.
L3Harris 20UA tubes will have a typical FOM of 2200-2600 with an EBI of 0.5 to 2.0 and 20UA Supergain will have a typical FOM of 1800-2200 with an EBI of 0.2 to 0.5.
SuperGain Filmless White Phosphor image intensifier tubes increase the Luminance Gain (Gain) specification for image intensifier tubes from the standard 40,000-80,000 fL/fc to between 100,000-120,000 fL/fc. This greatly increases the image intensifier’s ability to amplify and collect light, resulting in a noticeably brighter image with increased low light performance and extending operational envelope and ability to see into dark areas.
UNITS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
L3 20UA White Filmless
- Mil Spec Optics
- Unit 2019 (OD Green LEMO Housing) – 20UA – 64/64 Resolution, 31.5/31.5 SNR, 2016/2016 FOM, 0.4/0.6 EBI, 0.9/0.9 Halo, 67924/65553 gain No spots on data sheet
- Unit 7032 (Tan/FDE LEMO Housing) – 20UA – 72/72 Resolution, 32.4/32.3 SNR, 2333/2326 FOM, 0.4/0.5 EBI, 0.7/0.8 Halo, 68280/63396 gain, No spots on data sheet
- Unit 7044 (Tan/FDE LEMO Housing) – 20UA – 64/64 Resolution, 30.2/30.8 SNR, 1933/1971 FOM, 0.5/0.6 EBI, 0.9/0.9 Halo, 62519/63102 gain, No spots on data sheet
- Unit 8149 (OD Green LEMO Housing) – 20UA – 64/64 Resolution, 31.2/31.2 SNR, 1997/1997 FOM, 0.7/0.4 EBI, 1.0/1.0 Halo, 64713/66872 gain, No spots on data sheet
L3 20UA SUPERGAIN White Filmless
- Mil Spec Optics
- Unit 7009 (OD Green LEMO Housing) – 20UAH – 64/64 Resolution, 35.2/35.3 SNR, 2253/2259 FOM, 0.5/1.1 EBI, 0.8/0.8 Halo, 100258/100649 gain, No spots on data sheet
- Unit 7015 (OD Green LEMO Housing) – 20UAH – 64/64 Resolution, 33.0/34.1 SNR, 2112/2182 FOM, 1.4/0.9 EBI, 0.8/08 Halo, 112272/117176 gain, 1 spot zone 3
- Unit 7033 (Tan/FDE LEMO Housing) – 20UAH – 64/64 Resolution, 30.9/31.7 SNR, 1978/2029 FOM, 0.5/0.4 EBI, 0.8/0.7 Halo, 109758/102426 gain, No spots on data sheet
- Unit 7039 (Tan/FDE LEMO Housing) – 20UAH – 64/64 Resolution, 28.8/28.8 SNR, 1843/1843 FOM, 0.1/0.3 EBI, 0.7/0.7 Halo, 113578/111454 gain, No spots on data sheet
- Unit 7041 (Tan/FDE LEMO Housing) – 64/64 Resolution, 33.1/34.2 SNR, 2118/2189 FOM, 0.6/1.0 EBI, 0.7/0.8 Halo, 100697/101512 gain, No spots on data sheet
- Unit 7050 (Tan/FDE LEMO Housing) – 20UAH – 64/64 Resolution, 30.4/31.0 SNR, 1946/1984 FOM, 0.4/0.2 EBI, 0.8/0.8 Halo, 101973/102721 gain, 1 spot zone 3
- Unit 7052 (Tan/FDE LEMO Housing) – 20UAH – 64/64 Resolution, 35.0/35.0 SNR, 2240/2240 FOM, 0.9/0.6 EBI, 0.8/0.8 Halo, 112056/117217 gain, No spots on data sheet
- Unit 8040 (Black LEMO Housing) – 20UAH – 64/64 Resolution, 30.5/31.2 SNR, 1952/1997 FOM, 0.2/0.1 EBI, 0.8/0.8 Halo, 106856/109880 gain, No spots on data sheet
- Unit 8087 (Black LEMO Housing) – 20UAH – 64/64 Resolution, 34.5/34.5 SNR, 2208/2208 FOM, 1.1/0.8 EBI, 0.7 Halo, 114904/111168 gain, 1 spot zone 3
- Unit 8126 (OD Green LEMO Housing) – 20UAH – 64/64 Resolution, 33.0/34.3 SNR, 2112/2195 FOM, 1.4/1.3 EBI, 0.7/0.7 Halo, 103842/100028 gain, No spots on data sheet
Elbit White Phosphor
- Mil Spec Optics
- Unit 7043 (Tan/FDE LEMO Housing) – XLSH – 76/76 Resolution, 33.9/34.9 SNR, 2576/2652 FOM, 2.09/1.61 EBI, 0.80/0.75 Halo, 68477/68892 gain R 1 spot zone 2, L 1 spot zone 2
- Unit 8128 (OD Green LEMO Housing) – XLSH – 64/64 Resolution, 32.6/32.3 SNR, 2086/2067 FOM, 0.66/0.97 EBI, 0.79/0.83 Halo, 67746/67828 gain R 2 spots zone 2 and 3, L 1 spot zone 2
Photonis White Phosphor
- Mil Spec Optics
- Rochester Precision Optics (RPO) 3,0 Ultralight Optics
- Unit K2041 – (Black LEMO Housing) – 67/67 Res, 30.77/30.62 SNR, 2062/2052 FOM, 0.07/0.05 EBI, 0.89/0.83 Halo, 8902/9092 Gain.
The Ultralight Articulating Night Vision Binocular (UANVB) Katana by Nocturn Industries is a high strength and lightweight articulating binocular housing that has quickly become a popular option in the commercial and law enforcement markets. The Katana night vision is the lightest binocular on the market to date at a functional weight of 17.76 oz. fully assembled (with battery installed). It comes with a industry leading LIFETIME WARRANTY on the housing and is made in the USA. The articulating design allows users to use one eye or both eyes enabling the simultaneous use of a thermal optic or other non-passive aiming systems. This also enables users to operate vehicles without limiting head space by eliminating the need to stow the unit upright or to tuck the pods against the helmet when stowed.
As always with Custom Night Vision, we ONLY SELL IN-STOCK NIGHT VISION. NO LEAD TIMES. Because we do not pre-sell night vision, we grade each individual goggle to assign a fair price to each set based on the performance specs and spots in the image tube. By providing our customers with full transparency of tube performance specs and image, they can choose exactly what they want so there is no disappointment on a large purchase.
It is simple with a minimalist design. An onboard battery with no remote power keeps things simple and wires off the helmet. Push button on/off in the cap to reduce weight and reduce the footprint of the bridge. Individual pod power on/off when articulated to the side for single or dual eye use and to eliminate backsplash when stowed or rotated out.
An original new “Friction Lock Interpupillary Adjustment” feature allows users to quickly and easily set IP stop distance with a simple rotate into place and forget design. No tools or knobs. This unit is light weight without compromising strength. It is rugged and has been drop tested to the NATO 1.5 meter drop test standard. All Katanas are designed and hand built in New Hampshire, USA.
- Material: Polymer
- Color: Upgraded Cerakote included on all Custom Night Vision Katana housing units
- (Battery + Standard Pvs-14 lenses and Image intensifiers): 17.76oz/1.11lbs/503.5g
- (No Battery + RPO Pvs-14 lenses and Image intensifiers): 15.12oz/0.94lbs/428.6g
- Power: CR123a on board
- Remote Power: Optional (DISCLAIMER: Do not use onboard power and remote power simultaneously. Main power controlled by battery pack when remote power is utilized)
- IR Illuminator: No
- Pod power off when rotated to side: Yes (Individually)
- Mount style: Dovetail
- Warranty: Lifetime repair of all housing components no questions asked. (Does not cover damages to intensifier tubes or lense assemblies)
- Glass / Optics: WE ONLY USE TWO HIGH QUALITY MIL-SPEC Options
- Carson Industries Mil Spec
- Rochester Precision Optics (RPO) 3.0 Ultralight Mil Spec. These high performance optics weigh ~1/3 less than Carson Industries. These cost significantly more than Carson, but because Custom Night Vision purchased such large quantity, we are able to offer this upgrade at a very reasonable price.