These PVS-31A units will come with tube data sheets and a one year factory warranty, and they will be serviced by L3Harris, even after the warranty has expired, though there may be repair fees. **FREE OVERNIGHT INSURED SHIPPING INCLUDED**
- Unit 062112 – 72 Resolution, 39.2 SNR, 2822 FOM, 1.3 EBI, 0.68 Halo, 64433 gain, 2700 Photocathode. One spot (.003-.006″) in zone 2 / 72 Resolution, 40.8 SNR, 2938 FOM, 1.8 EBI, 0.72 Halo, 66654 gain, 2504 Photocathode. One spot (.003-.006″) in zone 2
- Unit 062114 – 72 Resolution, 35.8 SNR, 2578 FOM, 0.9 EBI, 0.72 Halo, 68595 gain, 2427 Photocathode / 72 Resolution, 34.3 SNR, 2470 FOM, 0.7 EBI, 0.72 Halo, 63762 gain, 2384 Photocathode. No Spots on L3 data sheets
- Unit 062127 – 72 Resolution, 33.9 SNR, 2441 FOM, 0.6 EBI, 0.76 Halo, 62614 gain, 2480 Photocathode. No spot on L3 data sheet / 72 Resolution, 33.4 SNR, 2405 FOM, 1.2 EBI, 0.74 Halo, 67628 gain, 2429 Photocathode. One spot (.003-.006″) in zone 2.
- Unit 062145 – 72 Resolution, 36.4 SNR, 2621 FOM, 0.6 EBI, 0.77 Halo, 64764 gain, 2379 Photocathode / 72 Resolution, 37.4 SNR, 2693 FOM, 0.9 EBI, 0.78 Halo, 63745 gain, 2596 Photocathode. No Spots on L3 data sheets
- Unit 062289 – 72 Resolution, 34.9 SNR, 2513 FOM, 0.8 EBI, 0.74 Halo, 68479 gain, 2353 Photocathode. One spot (.003-.006″) in zone 2 / 72 Resolution, 33.9 SNR, 2441 FOM, 1.0 EBI, 0.75 Halo, 63880 gain, 2458 Photocathode. No Spots on L3 data sheet
- Unit 062603 – 72 Resolution, 34.7 SNR, 2498 FOM, 0.7 EBI, 0.70 Halo, 66131 gain, 2312 Photocathode / 72 Resolution, 34.9 SNR, 2513 FOM, 0.5 EBI, 0.72 Halo, 6o852 gain, 2207 Photocathode. No Spots on L3 data sheets
- Unit 062707 – 72 Resolution, 37.1 SNR, 2671 FOM, 1.2 EBI, 0.72 Halo, 63844 gain, 2534 Photocathode / 72 Resolution, 36.2 SNR, 2606 FOM, 1.5 EBI, 0.71 Halo, 63839 gain, 2573 Photocathode. No Spots on L3 data sheets
- Unit 062814 – 72 Resolution, 36.6 SNR, 2635 FOM, 0.5 EBI, 0.73 Halo, 63824 gain, 2334 Photocathode / 72 Resolution, 37.2 SNR, 2678 FOM, 0.5 EBI, 0.87 Halo, 64932 gain, 2380 Photocathode. No Spots on L3 data sheets
- Unit 062815 – 72 Resolution, 35.6 SNR, 2563 FOM, 0.4 EBI, 0.70 Halo, 63163 gain, 2454 Photocathode / 72 Resolution, 37.1 SNR, 2671 FOM, 2.1 EBI, 0.73 Halo, 63606 gain, 2632 Photocathode. No Spots on L3 data sheets
- Unit 062835 – 72 Resolution, 37.4 SNR, 2693 FOM, 0.8 EBI, 0.79 Halo, 67210 gain, 2475 Photocathode / 72 Resolution, 36.4 SNR, 2621 FOM, 1.8 EBI, 0.73 Halo, 64057 gain, 2607 Photocathode. No Spots on L3 data sheets
- Unit 062846 – 72 Resolution, 36.4 SNR, 2621 FOM, 0.8 EBI, 0.72 Halo, 68112 gain, 2430 Photocathode / 72 Resolution, 35.1 SNR, 2527 FOM, 0.8 EBI, 0.75 Halo, 60231 gain, 2448 Photocathode. No Spots on L3 data sheets
- Unit 062934 – 72 Resolution, 34.2 SNR, 2462 FOM, 1.3 EBI, 0.72 Halo, 65259 gain, 2660 Photocathode. One spot (.003-.006″) in zone 2 / 72 Resolution, 34.4 SNR, 2477 FOM, 1.2 EBI, 0.73 Halo, 64338 gain, 2499 Photocathode. No Spots on L3 data sheet
- Unit 062980 – 72 Resolution, 35.9 SNR, 2585 FOM, 1.0 EBI, 0.73 Halo, 63186 gain, 2391 Photocathode. Two spots (.003-.006″) in zone 2 / 72 Resolution, 35.1 SNR, 2527 FOM, 0.8 EBI, 0.81 Halo, 64790 gain, 2161 Photocathode. No Spots on L3 data sheet.
These PVS-31A units will come with the L3Harris 4x AA Cold Weather Battery Pack (CWBP) and 25” 90 degree cable connector, as well as the full factory accessory kit – THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE EXTRA DIOPTER INSERTS. The standard diopter is -0.50, this is optimized for the 95th percentile of users, alternate diopters will be special order items.
They will all be 2376+ FOM, Unfilmed White Phosphor tubes. We include specifications and pictures through the tubes of each unit for sale. FYI: Do not base selection on color as lighting conditions and the angle of the camera can make these appear more blue or green at the time of photographs.
One of the most sought after and frequently requested night vision products now on the commercial market—the L3Harris Binocular Night Vision Device (BNVD)!
Adopted by USSOCOM as the AN/PVS-31A, the L3Harris BNVD has been in use by U.S. Special Operations Forces for several years as well as allied forces, however they have not been widely available on the commercial market.
The L3Harris BNVD is one of the lightest binocular night vision systems on the market, with unparalleled optical performance with lightweight optical lens assemblies optimized to maximize the performance of the Unfilmed 2376+ FOM (figure of merit) White Phosphor image intensifier tubes, and features both an onboard AA battery and an external power connector to be used with an external power supply.
These systems ship complete 4x AA Cold Weather Battery Pack and 25” BNVS power cable with full factory warranty and customer support. Each unit will also come with factory image intensifier Tube Data Records with a minimum figure of merit (FOM) of 2376.
These units are NOT contract overruns—these are brand new manufactured units.
The AN/PVS-31A Binocular Night Vision Device (BNVD) is compact, lightweight, dual tube Gen3 goggle to replace the legacy AN/PVS-15 in the USSOCOM inventory. In a sea of dual tube night vision goggles, the AN/PVS-31A is the smallest and lightest unit by far. Weighing in at just under one pound, this system is almost as light as a monocular, yet packs in the same feature set (and then some) of much heavier devices. Working directly with U.S. Special Operations Forces’ input, the AN/PVS-31A was designed to increase system resolution, significantly reduce head borne weight, improve system of center of gravity, provide additional operational utility, and improve overall operator situational awareness.
The AN/PVS-31A BNVD utilizes L3Harris’s latest Gen3 Unfilmed image intensifier tubes, providing unmatched clarity and resolution. These tubes are variable gain-capable, allowing operators to adjust the brightness of their image as situations on the ground dictate. Gain adjustment is quick and easy; done by simply rotating the power button. This centrally-located control activates and deactivates the goggle when pressed and held in for two seconds, making all controls easy to locate and operate without being able to see them and while wearing gloves. There is no integral infrared illuminator in the AN/PVS-31A BNVD. This feature was not desired by most operators due to its limited distance functionality and added weight/size.
The AN/PVS-31A can run off a single on-board AA battery or a remote battery pack mounted behind the helmet for extended use. The remote pack allows the goggle to weigh in even less and acts as a counterweight to the entire system. It also features built-in dual infrared strobe lights for ground personnel identification. The strobes can be easily activated by a small protected switch under the battery housing. One thing to note is that the cable connecting the goggle to the remote battery pack will slightly interfere with the right tube’s ability to be pivoted up (see below).
The AN/PVS-31A BNVD has independently pivoting tube housings that allow the operator to run the goggle in a binocular or monocular configuration. Using two tubes at once allows the eyes to create depth perception and increases the ease in maneuvering terrain and obstacles as well as operating devices such as control panels and door knobs. However, monocular configurations allow for ease in transitioning between various lighting conditions that often occur on the battlefield and cause operators to switch between night vision weapon-mounted white lights. The AN/PVS-31A can be configured to adapt to various situations, giving the user the best of both worlds. Another benefit to the pivoting tube housings is the ability to mount the “flatten” the goggle against the front helmet surface when stowed. Goggles are often worn throughout the duration of a mission, even in daylight hours, because operators may find themselves in a dark environment. NVG’s are often left in the stowed position until needed so they can be instantly accessed. But, this causes a snag hazard since the goggles can easily bang into objects while flipped up. The ability to pivot the tube housings against the helmet surface creates an overall lower profile, increasing operator safety and equipment life.